*AD – This post was written in collaboration with Neos SmartHome.
This week we were tasked with testing out the new Neos SmartCam in our home. As a parent, keeping a watchful eye over my children is paramount. There’s never a moment goes by when I’m not preoccupied by what our girls are up to. Over the past few weeks though, both girls have reached an age where playing independently has become very appealing. The love to go upstairs and play in their rooms, without myself or Hubs constantly looking over their shoulders. So when our Neos SmartCam arrived I knew exactly what we would use it for – child watch!
What does the Neos SmartCam do?
Amazingly, the Neos SmartCam is packed full of features without the hefty price tag to go with it. At just £19.99 plus £4.99 for tracked, next working day delivery it’s a complete steal for the amount of spec that you get.
Top features –
- Motion detection – any movement is picked up and a notification is pushed straight to your smart phone.
- Night vision – Day or night, this camera provides a clear image.
- Cloud storage – 12 seconds clips are automatically recorded and save to the cloud upon motion detection.
- SD card enabled – enables the camera to record video without a Wi-Fi connection.
- 8 x digital zoom – available in live streaming and playback.
- Two-way audio – listen in and reply when necessary.
- Auto-arming – automatically kicks the camera into action when you arrive at or leave home.
- Live stream – see what’s happening anytime, anywhere using the Neos app.
- 1080p full HD – picture perfect images.
- Downloadable clips – save clips to your phone to share later.
Setting up the Neos SmartCam –
Setting up this super compact camera could not be more simple. All you have to do is download the app, plug in the mains powered unit and follow the set up instructions on the app. The whole process took me less than five minutes with no hiccups along the way. The camera is easy to move around different rooms too, you just unplug, relocate and plug back in. The camera will stay connected to your phone, so you won’t have to re-pair to your device each time you move it. Also, because the camera is so small, it will fit nicely anywhere in the home, without feeling at all intrusive to the look and feel of the room.
What do we think of the Neos SmartCam?
The thing I love most about the Neos SmartCam in the peace of mind it gives me. I don’t want our girls to feel like are being smothered by me following them into every room when they are playing. This camera gives our entire family the freedom to be in our own spaces within the home, whilst also making sure that everyone is happy and safe. I know our girls love that they can enjoy spending time in their own rooms, chatting to each other without constantly feeling like they’re being followed.
I was very impressed when I realised just how many features this camera has, especially considering the purchase price is so low. The two-way audio is a very useful tool, especially when the girls are up to no good and they need a little word in their ear! All I have to do is use the audio feature, instead of encroaching on their games. I’m also a huge fan of the night vision feature, which came in very handy when we had a poorly girl this week. We set up the camera to keep a watchful eye over night whilst she slept. This gave us all peace of mind, meaning we got a good night’s sleep!
Overall, as a family we are really impressed with the Neos SmartCam. It’s ease of use, clear image and extra features make this unit well-worth the £19.99 price tag. This camera has only been with us a week and we have already benefited so much from the freedom it has given us as a family.