Choosing bedroom blinds can be tricky at the best of times, especially when you’ve got a million and one other tasks on the go. However, getting great quality blinds that suit your windows and your room will make all the difference to your quality of sleep and peace of mind – making all those other tasks much easier to deal with! I’ve teamed up with leading shutters and blinds London supplier LondonBlinds4U to give you some tips on how to choose the best bedroom blinds:
Know Your Styles
There are many styles of bedroom blinds you can choose from, whether you’re looking for cosy blackout blinds or minimal and elegant blinds. Consider these options:
- Roller Blinds: a classic choice for bedroom blinds, roller blinds are available in a wide variety of colours, patterns, and styles (including blackout and thermal options, ideal for warm and cosy nights and morning lie-ins).
- Venetian Blinds: for warm and natural colour tones, wooden Venetian blinds are a great choice in any bedroom. These blinds are available in real wood and PVC faux wood.
- Vertical Blinds: for a more modern option, try vertical blinds in your bedroom. These minimalist and stylish blinds have an endless range of colours, from pale warm whites to striking navy and black tones.
- Roman Blinds: Roman blinds are a fantastic alternative to curtains, offering a modern update and saving space in your bedroom.
- Velux Blinds: Velux roof blinds are ideal for loft bedrooms, also available as thermal or blackout blinds in many patterns and colours.
Consider Your Colour Scheme
In addition to style, colour and pattern is another important part of choosing the best bedroom blinds! In some rooms a pop of colour may work, whereas in others more understated blinds are the best choice. Patterned blinds can look fantastic in some bedrooms, whereas in others it may make the room look a bit cluttered.
Made to Measure Bedroom Blinds
It may be tempting to purchase ready-made blinds and install them yourself, but for the most effective fit made to measure bedroom blinds are the way to go. This is particularly true for blackout blinds – even the thickest blackout blinds will still let in light if they’re not the exact right size for your windows! The same goes for thermal blinds with keeping in heat.
No matter which style or colour you go for, make sure you go for blinds that are the perfect fit and you’ll enjoy them for years to come.
*This is a collaborative post.