It’s that time of year again. Our decorations are up, almost all presents are wrapped and ready to go and I have a list for a mega food shop on our app (yes we have an app for that!).
I must admit, I can be a bit of a Scrooge. Until Baby J and Little E came along Christmas was just another day, truth be told when I was working it was a bit of a pain. It felt like a forced holiday, which when you work for yourself can be a bit of a bind. My babies have come to save the day though, so this year it’s all about making the most of Christmas.
I have decided to put together a Christmas bucket list so that we don’t miss anything out, plus I can look back on it next year so I don’t forget anything! I feel like there is so much I want my two to experience over Christmas time, but at eighteen months and seven months they may be a little young for some of it!
Here’s everything I want to cram into Christmas 2016:
- Start our own Elf on the Shelf tradition – don’t worry I won’t spam you with our Elf’s every escapade!
- Have a family trip to a Christmas market – this can be a bit of a pain as Little E is still taking four bottles a day, it’s impossible to go two hours straight without having to feed one of them. Christmas markets are perfect for getting you in the Christmas spirit though, and the food is usually amazing!
- Festive crafting – I love salt dough decorations! Baby J may still be a little young but I’m sure she’d enjoy throwing some paint and glitter on our creations!
- Watch a Christmas Eve film – my absolute favourite is The Muppets Christmas Carol. The kiddo’s will likely be playing with their toys and Hub’s will fall asleep but I’ll definitely enjoy this one!
- Leave out a mince pie and milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph – you just have to don’t you!
- Leave snowy footprints around the fireplace – I saw a friends photo’s of this last year and thought it was brilliant. We can use flour and Hubs’ big work boots, it will look fab!
There are so many more things I could add to this list, but these few are a must! Throw the odd glass of mulled wine in there and the Scrooge in me will be long gone!
What’s on your Christmas bucket list? Do you have any family traditions that make perfect memories?