In less than a weeks time we are heading off on our Autumn holiday. This will be our first break as a family of four and we are excited to say the least!
We have booked a cosy lodge, with an onsite swimming pool and play areas for the kids. It’s in the middle of a country park so we are surrounded by outdoor activities and welly walks. As a treat to ourselves, we have even booked a lodge with a hot tub so we can take time relax after the cherubs have gone to bed! Cue the Prosecco!
Packing for holidays used to be so simple. The night before Hubs and I would grab a bag, throw some bits in and away we went. Now, with two under two packing has to be done with military precision!
I have made a HUGE list to make sure we don’t forget anything. The chances are we will and I’ll be running to the nearest supermarket, but fingers crossed we remember everything!
Considering my mammoth list making this week I have put together a few baby and toddler Autumn holiday essentials. Hopefully these items will make holidaying with infants as smooth as possible:
- Perfect Prep – this is bulky but if yours is a holiday in the same country, just like ours, this makes life so much easier. There’s no worry about making milk in time for it to cool, no hungry babies crying for their food. Two minutes and dinner is ready, for us this one is a must!
- More nappies and wipes than you will need to use – there is nothing worse than getting halfway through your holiday and running out of baby staples. Over packing means there will be no chance of running out. The last thing the kids want to do on holiday is pile into the car to go shopping.
- Clothes, clothes and more clothes – with a baby and a toddler in tow you can imagine the amount of outfit changes we have in a day. Having more outfits packed than you think you will need, will save a lot of bother if you get there and find out the laundry facilities are non-existent, or leave a lot to be desired.
- First-Aid kit – considering the job description of Hubs we are never far away from a first-aid kit. This is especially useful with an inquisitive toddler. Here’s hoping it won’t have to be used, it but it’s good to have one just incase.
- Winter woollies – hats, coats, scarves and gloves. As a family we love being outdoors – whatever the weather! Wrapping up warm and exploring is one of the best things about this time of year so don’t forget your thermals!
With our essentials all packed and ready to go, along with everything else but the kitchen sink, we are holiday ready! I am expecting tears and tantrums and sleepless nights. More importantly though, I am expecting to laugh, have fun and make memories with three of my most favourite humans!
You can follow our holiday fun and frolics over on our Instagram!