Since I was tagged I’ve been thinking about how I might be #RockingMotherhood, it’s not as easy as I thought. As parents we are almost always too critical about ourselves. Sweeping the criticism aside, I found that there are so many reasons I am #RockingMotherhood, here are my top ten:
- I gave up my job. Giving up my job was a difficult decision, I like to work and losing that identity was and still is difficult to come to terms with. However, our circumstances dictate that it’s best for me to stay at home and so I turned my back on the world of work. I don’t for one minute regret my decision, even when you are both driving me crazy!
- I take you out. Taking two very young children out is a task, especially when I am by myself. Even though it’s often easier to stay in, I take you places and I let you explore. You experience new things all of the time, the smiles on your faces make finally getting you both out of the house worth it!
- I teach you something new everyday. Even if it’s something tiny, I make both of your little minds work on a daily basis. I watch you learn by having fun and you grow up right before my eyes. We’re all hoping you both have Daddy’s brains hidden away in there (haha!), but also that by passing on something new each day you will both grow up to be well-rounded and intelligent young women.
- I take you to classes. We go to play group , dancing and tennis. You both love to interact with other children and because you don’t go to nursery I make sure you see children your own age. You both have so much fun and you have made some lovely little friends.
- I listen. Whatever it is that you have to say you are heard. Whether it’s baby babble from you Little E, or the makings of a sentence from you Baby J. I hear every word and encourage you to express yourselves further.
- I teach you right from wrong. Even down to the smallest of things. Some days it would be easier to let you trash the place. Other days it would be easy to turn a blind eye when you snatch from each other. However, every day I take time to explain why you can’t do some things and why it’s good to do others. Don’t get me wrong sometimes I lose my shit, I’m only human girls!
- I put your needs before my own. Every time, without fail.
- I entertain you. Even on those days when all I want to do is sink into the sofa with a cuppa, I get the toys out or we go for a walk. I can’t remember the last time said cuppa was consumed whilst hot, maybe I should add that to the list?!
- I keep going. Parenting is hard. Staying at home to parent is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, but I keep going. I drag my self out of bed and carry on because even though it can be difficult, you both bring with you so much good that far outweighs the bad.
- I love you. The good, the bad, the tantrumming, the snotty, the teething, the not sleeping and the laughing. Every last little bit of you both.
I’m tagging these great mums and fabulous bloggers to have a go at the #RockingMotherhood tag:
Nicola at Mummy Wales
Mainy at My Real Fairy
Becky at Educating Roversi
I can’t wait to read about how you guys are #RockingMotherhood!
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhgood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.