This week I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award for the third time, so I thought it was about time I got tip tapping on the old keyboard to show my appreciation! Firstly I have a big fat thankyou to send over to Helen from Talking Mums, Lianne from Mrs Mummy Harris and Diary of a Little Peach!
So kicking off, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
How The Tale of Mummyhood Began…
I started The Tale of Mummyhood just after my eldest was born and whilst I was pregnant with my youngest. I was supposed to take on the SAHM role but found it difficult from day one, not having a purpose aside from being ‘mum’ wasn’t easy for me to swallow. After opening an Instagram account as a photo diary for the littles, I decided to take it one step further and blog about our lives too!
Blogging has been a huge learning curve for me, I’m by no means an expert but I feel like I’ve gained so much knowledge along the way. I’m so proud of The Tale of Mummyhood, it’s my little corner of the internet and a little bank of memories we can look back on as a family in the future!
Truthfully I feel entirely underqualified to be handing out advice, however I can think of a couple of things I’ve picked up since I started.
- Keep going. Blogging takes a lot of work and sometimes it’s easy to get bogged down. When I feel like this I just tell myself to keep going, keep plugging away at it. Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- Take a break. I do believe in keeping going but also a little break never did anyone any harm. Taking a step back from social media can be refreshing and can give you the energy to really hit it!
So there we have it, I’ll leave you with my nominations!
- Making Little People
- Anklebiter’s Adventures
- Jaclyn Bree
- Pass the Prosecco…Please
- My Real Fairy
- Autumn’s Mummy
- Then I Became Mum
- Biscuit Please Mummy
- Any Way to Stay at Home
- And Jacob Makes Three
- Mind Your Mamma
- The Frenchie Mummy
- Muffin Top Mummy
- Lycra Widow
- Mummy Mama Mum